Monday 1 February 2016

Non-Bookish: A Few of my Favourite Things from January 2016!

© Polly Crossman

Sunday Times Style columnist Dolly Alderton launched a newsletter this month. It's called The Dolly Mail, and it's a really good read. It just occurred to me that I don't really subscribe to any newsletters apart from this one, so I guess it's especially deserving of a mention in this monthly fave's round up. Sign up HERE and you too can receive this newsletter every Wednesday a.m. It's guaranteed to brighten up your day. Also, I picked up a great recipe for a Nut Roast in the third installment. 


*****





My favourite podcast is back! Yay! Also, Eeek! The first episode of the second series of The Black Tapes 'Sleepless in Seattle' is SERIOUSLY CREEPY!  Best listened to late at night with the lights off!


*****


Moving Panoramas


Moving Panoramas. Stumbled upon this band from Austin, Texas a few months back. Cannot stop listening. Their music isn't available on Spotify (at least not in Ireland - I bought the album direct from their record label) so I can't embed here - but go seek them out especially if you love bands like Warpaint, Mazzy Star and Best Coast...



*****







A couple of skin care treats to keep my winter skin nourished, hydrated and (hopefully) under control. Caudalie's Beauty Elixir is a bit spendy, but I really feel like it's something I can't live without. I'm totally serious.

*****




The storylines in Nashville may be a little cheesy at times and some of the acting dare I say it, a little hammy, but it's a whole lot of fun nonetheless. I've just finished Season 1 and I'm pretty hooked right now. Any other fans here? What characters do you love or hate...or just love to hate?


*****



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats