Thursday 30 October 2014

UK Cover Alert: I Was Here by Gayle Forman + YA's New Cover Trend!

So, here we have the new UK of I Was Here by Gayle Forman. I like it.  And I'm very excited to read the book.

Compare it to the US cover below and let me know which one you like best.


I Was Here by Gayle Forman || Release date: January 2015.



When her best friend Meg drinks a bottle of industrial-strength cleaner alone in a motel room, Cody is understandably shocked and devastated. She and Meg shared everything - so how was there no warning?

But when Cody travels to Meg’s college town to pack up the belongings left behind, she discovers that there’s a lot that Meg never told her. About her old roommates, the sort of people Cody never would have met in her dead-end small town in Washington.

About Ben McAllister, the boy with a guitar and a sneer, who broke Meg’s heart. And about an encrypted computer file that Cody can’t open - until she does, and suddenly everything Cody thought she knew about her best friend’s death gets thrown into question.


US Cover

********

Which one is your fave?

Also, while I was looking through my 'awaiting-cover' folder on Goodreads, I noticed something - maybe a little cover trend forming - I call it the 'Cover Collage' - and okay, I don't have all that many examples to share, so maybe it's not a trend quite yet - but maybe it's the start of something. Hey, you heard it here first!



The movie tie-in edition of If I Stay which will look great alongside your copy of I Was Here.


Katie Cotugno's new book 99 days has got a total cover collage going on.



As has These Days Are Ours by Michelle Haimoff which recently got a whole new look


Not quite a collage for Proof of Forever - but it fits the trend - and I'll use it.



What about you? Have you seen any more covers that fit this new trend? Hey, maybe it's been around all along, and I just noticed it right now. That's always a possibility!

Let me know your thoughts in comments!



********

6 comments :

  1. I like the collage trend. For some reason I think its really cool, and I think Proof of Forever does an amazing job of taking the trend and making it, it's own. I really like that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the collage trend covers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that cover too. Definitely one of my recent faves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all those Collage covers, they make me want to buy on that alone! I do love the colours in the US cover of I was here but I think UK trumps it overall! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ChristinaBookAddict31 October 2014 at 11:46

    I actually like the UK cover a lot more than the US cover. I have been gravitating towards UK covers a bit more…I wonder what that means? I am loving the collage trend and I hope it continues. I hope you have a great Halloween, Leanna! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats