Monday 14 March 2011

Introducing INDIGO - the new YA Imprint from Orion Children's Books.

 I have some exciting publishing news to share today!


 Orion are launching a new YA imprint called Indigo which will see the publication of four titles a month beginning September 2011.  Among the first  titles on offer will be the first YA offering from superstar crime writer Harlan Coben.  His first foray into YA, Shelter, publishes September 15th.  I've read a couple of Coben's adult titles and  they are always  fast paced and exciting with lots of  great plot twists.

I can't wait to see what he can bring to the YA market. I'm sure it'll be all good! 


Also publishing in September will be the first in Kate Harrison's new trilogy Soul Beach which mixes murder mystery with virtual worlds, and sounds truly fascinating. I can't wait to read that one!

Indigo will also be publishing Darkness Falls, the second installment in Mia James Ravenwood Mysteries series.  By Midnight the first book in the series was one of these books I was all excited about last year, and yet I still haven't read it.  It has everything I love to read about - a boarding school with a lot of mystery, hot boys, vampires - Must get to it soon!!

Other authors lined up for releases from Indigo include: Holly Black, Marcus Sedgwick, Sara Grant, Cliff McNish and Cinda Williams Chima who's book The Warrior Heir will be released on September 1st.



 Fiona Kennedy publisher of the imprint goes on to say: "Indigo will publish teen fiction with style and poise, as the clutch of starry authors on the list shows. It will give our teen titles an identity and status as a whole, and each book more profile individually.

 "A number of our authors have been writing older novels and Indigo will give them the support and freedom to develop their work for this readership, as well as giving us the perfect opportunity to extend the range of titles we publish. As always, our list will be one of hand-picked titles that we feel passionately about."






I think Indigo sounds like a great new imprint and a fantastic addition to the YA market.  I can't wait to read some of these titles, particularly Soul Beach, which I'm really excited for!  

 Additional info and quotes: TheBookseller

6 comments :

  1. Sounds pretty awesome! I heard they were doing this last week and was curious about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indigo sounds like a great new Imprint. Thanks for letting us know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always get nervous when an adult author decides to write YA. The voice is often unauthentic. The mc comes off sounding like an adult pretending to be a teen. Some, though, (Hello Rick Riordan) do a brilliant job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh this sounds promising! I love knowing there are going to be new YA imprints putting out books, I just never tire of YA:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I always like hearing about new imprints! I like the sound of Soul Beach. I'm going to check out the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Stina - good point! Often the adult to YA transition doesn't work too well. I've seen it go badly wrong, but I've seen it work too. Will be interesting to see how this one works out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats