Monday 27 February 2017

Non-Bookish: A Few of my Favourite Things from February.



I like my TV shows weird. In fact, the weirder, the better. The Kettering Incident is weird. It is very, very, weird. It's creepy too. I'd describe it as Twin Peaks meets The X-Files, set in Tasmania. I've heard it described as the Tasmanian Twin Peaks, so I'm pretty sure I'm not the first person to describe it as such. This is currently airing in the UK and Ireland on Sky Atlantic. I couldn't wait for episodes to air week to week, so went ahead and binge-watched on Sky Go. Forget Stranger Things (over-rated in my opinion) I''m all about The Kettering Incident.

One annoying thing you should know: A second season of The Kettering Incident has not been commissioned (as far as I know) and I can't find evidence that another season will actually happen. So, if you want all your questions about this show answered (and you will have questions!) maybe don't watch until you know a second season is happening for sure. Or do watch - just be prepared to figure things out for yourself.

*****





The new Deliciously Ella book is my favourite book of Ella's to date.

*****




Garnier micellar oil-infused cleansing water: I've always used the original (pink cap) Garnier micellar water, but last month I decided to go wild and give this one a try. I actually think the original water is better suited to my skin. This one, which contains argan oil,  is for dry and sensitive skin. There's no way in the world that I have dry skin: I just didn't read the description on the bottle before I bought it.  Duh. So, even though this is probably not the best fit for my skin, it smells divine, and that's why I love it. It also leaves a bit of a greasy residue, which is OK if you're using it as the first step in a double-cleanse (which is what I do), but otherwise probably not great. So, why did I put it my favourites? Oh yeah, it smells great.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream: Provides deep hydration for stressed skin. My skin gets deeply stressed at times. This stress is most usually caused by those terrible twins, winter weather and central heating. This works.

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc PCA 1% Blemish Formula:  This is from The Ordinary Range of skincare, which offers high-end products at affordable prices. I've picked up a few pieces from the brand, so may do a full review soon, you know, if I ever get back into writing beauty reviews. (That kinda fell by the wayside, didn't it!) Anyway, so far this has been doing a good job of my blemishes disappear fast -or at least faster than they usually do. And it cost around €6. Worth trying out!

*****



New Music Obsession

Alexandra Savior



*****

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats