Friday 30 October 2015

Non-Bookish: A Few Of My Favourite Things From October.




So, it's that time of year when all my favourite shows have returned and I have to say out of all the shows I watch, I'm totally hooked on Homeland. Sure, Homeland lost it's way a bit with the whole dragged-out-to-death Brody storyline. But, it was back to its best last season, and this season has been great so far.  Also, Quinn FTW. I was never a Brody fan (Ugh! I kinda hated that character!) but I'm a big fan of Quinn. Just hope he doesn't go dying any time soon...

I've also been really impressed with How To Get Away With Murder this season. I thought season 1 was good but not great - but season 2 is off to a really great start. In other TV news, I'm kinda bored of Grey's - and Scandal needs to up its game!

*****




I've been checking out more and more podcasts of late, and this one has to be one of my very favourites. You Must Remember This explores "the secret and/or forgotten histories of 20th Century Hollywood." I love Old Hollywood and find the behind the scenes of the studio system and its actors fascinating, so this is a great fit for me.

Thanks to Milka from Read.Read.Read. for the introduction!

You can find out more about the podcast here: http://www.vidiocy.com/you-must-remember-this/


*****


I have a few beauty favourites this month. First up October's Look Fantastic Beauty Box. I've already talked about this at length, so instead of repeating myself, I'll just direct you to MY REVIEW.





A combination of increasingly cold weather and central heating has really made my skin suffer this month. This happens to me every year without fail! Cicaplast Baume B5 from La Roche-Posay containing Glycerin and Shea Butter really helps to soothe my skin. It's right up there with Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream as a skincare saviour for me (although this is a lot cheaper than the Eight Hour Cream!)  Well worth checking out if you're suffering from dried out, stressed winter skin. It's a great multi-tasker!


*****



I started watching Parenthood in order to deal with my Fright Night Lights withdrawals. Both shows are exec. produced by Jason Katims, so there are similarities -and also quite a few FNL actors make an appearance in Parenthood (not Tim Riggins, but you can't have everything!) I loved Parenthood - it was an emotional experience, for sure. All the tears!

Now I want to check out Nashville - but I never caught it on TV and it's not on Netflix. So unless I buy ALL THE DVD'S I guess it's not going to happen. Boo!

*****


CURRENTLY READING




I'm 150 pages in to Persuasion (the follow up to Compulsion) by Martina Boone. So far, so hooked! 

What are you reading right now?

*****



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats