Saturday 29 August 2015

Non-Bookish: A Few of My Favourite Things From August.

Image via Kickstarter

I've been looking for a new podcast obsession ever since Serial wrapped up - and this is it! The Black Tapes podcast is a docudrama (perfectly) described as Serial meets The X-Files and I AM HOOKED! I listen to this late at night (for added spooky effect!) and it gets better with every episode.

Also, I think this would translate into a GREAT TV show! I'd love to see the burgeoning relationship between narrator Alex Reagan and the mysterious Dr. Richard Strand on the small screen!  


*****



A very fun departure from my usual TV habits UnREAL is a dark comedy/drama that goes behind the scenes of a reality TV show and shows just how far some people will go to grab a ratings winner. I took a chance on this after reading some glowing reviews, and I'm so glad I checked it out. It's pretty addictive - and contains great performances from Shiri Appleby and Constance Zimmer.


*****

My new music find of the month is Pixx. Have a listen to her debut EP below. It's so very dreamy.



******

Image via Etsy

I was browsing Etsy one day (on the lookout for a new tote) when I found this shop. It's now a new favourite of mine!  There's lots of great stuff on offer - everything from cushions and hand warmers to make-up bags, notebooks and planners. I picked up a new tote and key ring as my first purchases.

Check out the shop: here. There's also a dedicated website: http://www.ceridwenhazelchild.co.uk/


Image via Etsy

A photo posted by shutterbug99 (@daisychainbookreviews) on

*****


Some great scary book post this week! Daughters Unto Devils by Amy Lukavics is described as Little House on the Prairie meets The Crucible meets The Exorcist and is said to be perfect for fans of Stephen King and American Horror Story. Sounds good to me! I'm hoping for some good scares from this one!



*****

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats