Friday 1 May 2015

Non-Bookish: A Few of My Favourite Things From April.


So, I missed out on last month's favourites round-up since I was in the middle of my blog break - but here are just a few of the things I loved in April!

p.s. As I write this, my brain is under attack from a migraine, so maybe I'm not making a ton of sense? And that's OK.



Wolf Alice is my new favourite band. I first heard of these guys last summer, but lately I've been listening to them a whole lot more. Their debut album 'My Love is Cool'  releases in June. How to describe their sound? They are alt-rock with definite grunge influences. The band themselves describe their sound as 'rocky pop', which is a pretty apt description.

Here are some songs recommendations: 




*****



Cute sleepwear from M&S
- The latest Rosie for Autograph collection is super cute!

****



I've written about The Jinx already: here: but I really think everyone should watch this - especially if you're interested in true crime - or if you loved Serial. This is fascinating stuff!

I also have to say a word about Grey's Anatomy: Not that the episode was one of my favourite things or anything, but just to say - is anybody safe in Shondaland?!? #crying.

*****



Some scary book post this week. The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich is one of my most anticipated reads of 2015 - but if I read it, does that mean I'm gonna be cursed?! I have a feeling this book is worth it!

*****

11 comments :

  1. ChristinaBookAddict1 May 2015 at 18:37

    I will have to check out the band you recommend. I also love those pajamas...adorable! I need to check out The Jinx...seems like everyone is really intrigued by it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeee CUTE jammies! :D I love jammie pants---I LIVE in jammie pants lol. Really looking forward to the Dead House! I hope we both dont end up cursed! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for both The Jinx and Grey's Anatomy, which I actually mentioned both in my April wrap up too. :D
    Have you watched The Staircase? If you liked Serial and The Jinx, you would probably enjoy that one as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just whoaaaaaa! What was that mysterious bump and what the heck is going on?? That was suspenseful as heck and I can't wait to get my hands on it.
    Thanks for sharing with us Daisy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Nope, I haven't seen (or heard of) the Staircase. I'll go check it out right now! Grey's Anatomy is breaking my heart! Lol! I was actually enjoying this series a lot - but I'm not sure how the show can recover from this!! Also, I like Alex and Jo together - but I feel like the writers want him with Maggie? And I think Maggie is boring, so. I mean, a couple weeks ago Alex was saying he was gonna marry Jo! Argh! Grey's gives me SUCH headaches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Jinx is so good! Can't wait to hear what you think of it. I am currently binge-watching TVD! Ha! Sticking with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are jammie shorts. I thought I'd buy some summer shorts, you know, since it's the season and all - but ever since I bought them it hasn't stopped raining here! Ha! Go me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my god Shondaland, you've just reminded me I so need to start How to Get Away with Murder, there are so many shows that I want to start, but just don't have the time. I hope you're feeling better Leanna!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Staircase is brilliant, especially if you enjoy courtroom type of stuff. And it definitely has a lot of those twists and turns Serial had. Also, have you seen The Impostor? If you liked Serial and like crime documentaries in general, I bet you would like that one.

    Yeah, the whole Alex/Jo/Maggie storyline will probably end on a cliffhanger in the season finale or be one of those storylines that dominate in the next season. I am also interested to see what happens with Callie and that cop, mostly because I am still determined that Callie and Arizona should be together. I'm also looking forward to seeing what happens to Amelia and Owen, just because Amelia is quickly becoming my favorite character in the whole show. And finally, it will be interesting to see how long they take before Meredith is introduced to a new possible love interest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Jasprit! All better now. My migraine only lasted two days this time! How to Get Away With Murder is worth checking out. It's not my favourite, but definitely gets better as the series progresses. Season 2 should be good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do enjoy courtroom drama, so I'll have to track this down! I have seen The Imposter - I liked that one too!


    Ugh! I really feel the McDreamy death was a huge misstep for Grey's. I was never the biggest fan of Derek, but I guess over time you become invested in characters/relationships etc - and Mer/Der were the main couple. It seems like they are phasing Jo out - the Alex/Maggie thing is a little bit out of the blue (if they are going there!)


    Also, people are saying that Karev should be Mer's new love interest? Um.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats