Tuesday 4 December 2012

UK Book News: Simon & Schuster UK sign a trio of 'New Adult' Authors!


Simon and Schuster UK today announced the acquisition of nine titles from three top-selling self-published authors Abbi Glines, Nicole Williams and Steph Campbell. These titles will launch a programme of hot romance titles in the ‘new adult’ genre, with Jane Griffiths, Commissioning Editor, managing the list.

The titles have been self-published in ebook format in the US and several have appeared in bestseller lists. Under this new acquisition, the UK ebooks will replace self-published editions this autumn, with paperback editions for all nine titles also acquired as part of the deal and scheduled for 2013. 





 In the new deal announced today, jointly acquired with S&S US, by Ingrid Selberg, are four titles from iBookstore #1 author Abbi Glines, whose Sea Breeze series has sold 185k ebooks across three self-published titles, Because of Low, While it Lasts, and Breathe. The fourth title, Just for Now, has not previously been published. The S&S ebook editions of Because of Low, While it Lasts and Just for Now were available from early November 2012, with Breathe following in spring 2013.

Venetia Gosling, Editorial Director at S&S, acquired UK and Commonwealth rights (excluding Canada) from Abner Stein, on behalf of Dystel & Goderich Literary Management, in five titles from two authors, Nicole Williams and Steph Campbell. 




From Nicole Williams, three novels, Crash, Clash and Crush, tell of a steamy romance between a good girl ballet dancer and a bad boy who turns star football player. Clash was #1 on Amazon’s Movers and Shakers list and both Crash and Clash regularly appear in the top 100 paid-for ebooks on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. S&S UK published Crash and Clash on 26th November 2012, with Crush coming in 2013.

From Steph Campbell, who has sold more than 75k copies of her books to date, are two companion romances, Grounding Quinn and Delicate, both to be published on 6th December 2012. In Grounding Quinn, eighteen-year-old Quinn MacPherson starts what she thinks is a summer fling with Ben, the hot new boy in town. But when Ben tells Quinn he's in love with her, she does what comes naturally: pushes him away, breaking his heart before he can break hers. Ben isn't prepared to let go that easily, but will he be able to persuade Quinn to open herself up and allow him in to her life… and her heart? In Delicate, Quinn’s best friend Sydney Pierce has her own boy troubles when she becomes caught up in a dangerous love triangle with her boyfriend, Trevor, and the gorgeous and charming new boy, Grant. And as Trevor’s jealousy takes an intense and dark turn, Sydney is forced into a dangerous position where her safety is as much at stake as her happiness.




******* 


The exciting 'New Adult' news just keeps on coming! I haven't read any of these books yet, although I bought a copy of Crash when it was first self-pubbed.  I need to check out Abbi Glines books soon. I've heard lots of amazing things, and I have a copy of The Vincent Boys in my possession.  I can't wait to get started on that one. I've heard it's pretty hot! I also love the sound of Steph Campbell's books - these are actually new to me titles, and I'm really looking forward to checking them out!

If you have read any of these titles, I'd love to know your thoughts! 





Source: Simon & Schuster Press Release.

9 comments :

  1. It's great seeing the 'New Adult' genre really taking off! I'm now pretty excited to read these titles that you've mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is brilliant news Leanna, we so need some more of these brilliant authors works being published over here, I think I need to go on a bit of a splurge as I haven't read any of these books! Thanks for sharing this awesome bit of news with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read all of them apart from the Steph Campbell but I intend to read them asap. I love them all ;D 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read Because of Low, While It Lasts and Just For Now and I loved all of them! Abbi Glines' books are always so enjoyable :D I've heard of Nicole Williams' Crash and I can't wait to read it. I've never heard of Steph Campbell's books before so I will check it out now ;)

    Thanks for sharing this awesome post with us, Leanna ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for all of these NA books to hit the UK next year! I'm especially looking forward to reading Abbi Glines' novels I hear they are fantastic! 

    ReplyDelete
  6.  I really need to read something by Abbi Glines soon! I've heard such great things! I have a copy of The Vincent Boys, so I think I'll start with that one!

    ReplyDelete
  7.  Me too! I've heard all good things about her books! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited to see this! My own UK-NA has just been completed and is going through its sub-edit phase, so it is really cheering to see the increase in interest. Also, now I'm not actively writing my own, I can feel free to read more NA myself (always scared I will accidentally plagiarise!) so I will definitely check out some of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to read some UKNA! Will be keeping an eye out for your book! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats