Sunday 19 December 2010

In My Mailbox #26 - New Books This Week!

In my Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren in which bloggers share the books they have received each week.

Click on links for Goodreads descriptions.
Last IMM of 2010!  These are all the book I got in the last fortnight.

For review: 

 So, when I first heard of Low Red Moon I loved the sound of it. Since then I've read some not so good reviews. Now that I have a copy, I guess I can decide for myself.  If you've read this one, what did you think?


The only thing Avery Hood can remember about the night her parents died is that she saw silver—deadly silver, moving inhumanly fast. As much as she wants to remember who killed them, she can't, and there's nothing left to do but try to piece her life back together. Then Avery meets the new boy in school—Ben, mysterious and beautiful, with whom she feels a connection like nothing she's ever experienced. When Ben reveals he's a werewolf, Avery still trusts him—at first. Then she sees that sometimes his eyes flash inhuman silver. And she learns that she's not the only one who can't remember the night her parents died.Part murder mystery, part grief narrative, and part heart-stopping, headlong romance, Low Red Moon is a must-read for teen paranormal fans. As breathless as Twilight and as spooky as Shiver, this is a book to be devoured in one sitting—by an acclaimed YA author making her paranormal debut under the pseudonym Ivy Devlin.




Rot and Ruin by Jonathan Maberry

Eighth Grade Bites (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod #1) by  Heather Brewer

Mortlock by Jon Mayhew

These were all surprise review books this week, and honestly, they are probably not for me. I don't know much about Mortlock, but as for Rot and Ruin, I simply don't do zombies (is this weird?) I really don't like zombie stuff - even the covers of zombie books make me feel all uncomfortable. lol! I actually declined a request for Eighth Grade Bites as I thought the series might be a little young for me, but then a copy arrived in the post.  I'm always willing to change my mind though, so if you've read any of these let me know what you thought of them!




Small Blue Thing by S.C. Ransom
 This book is from a new UK publisher called Nosy Crow. I can't wait to see what they have in store for the YA market!

Crusade by Linda Press Wulf
I love historical fiction, and I also love the cover of this one. I haven't seen any reviews for it yet, so if you've read it, let me know what you think!

Tyme's End by B.R. Collins

I love the cover of this book. I featured it in Cover Candy last week and then it arrived in the post as a nice surprise. Yay! Looking forward to this one!

Gift:

I got an early Christmas surprise when I found this in my mailbox this week! I can't wait to read this one, and it's signed too! Thank you *SO* much Heidi from YA Bibliophile.




From National Book Award winner Judy Blundell, the tale of a sixteen-year-old girl caught in a mix of love, mystery, Broadway glamour, and Mob retribution in 1950 New York.
When Kit Corrigan arrives in New York City, she doesn't have much. She's fled from her family in Providence, Rhode Island, and she's broken off her tempestuous relationship with a boy named Billy, who's enlisted in the army.

The city doesn't exactly welcome her with open arms. She gets a bit part as a chorus girl in a Broadway show, but she knows that's not going to last very long. She needs help--and then it comes, from an unexpected source.

Nate Benedict is Billy's father. He's also a lawyer involved in the mob. He makes Kit a deal--he'll give her an apartment and introduce her to a new crowd. All she has to do is keep him informed about Billy . . . and maybe do him a favor every now and then.

As she did in her National Book Award-winning What I Saw and How I Lied, Judy Blundell traps readers in a web of love, deceit, intrigue, and murder. The result? One stunner of a novel.

Share your IMM links in comments. :)



Thanks to Bloomsbury, Penguin, Simon & Shuster UK  & Nosy Crow for review copies.




26 comments :

  1. Wow great week! Tyme's End looks really good. Hope you enjoy your books this week :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW !! Awesome books for you this week !! I hope you'll enjoy them all !! Happy reading !! Here's my IMM if you'd like to take a look at it : onceuponaquote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful haul this week! I got Low Red Moon too, I love the red shiny cover. I'm going to be starting Crusade as my next book, it looks fantastic so I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of it too :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some fantastic books you have here! I'd urge you ton give the Vlad Tod book a try, it's really quite cute!

    Small Blue Thing and Tyme's End look great, looking forward to seeing your thoughts on them! Enjoy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Low Red Moon!! It's such a pretty book as well lol. I really enjoyed Eighth Grade Bites as well. Good haul of books, happy reading!

    My IMM: http://cemsbookhideout.blogspot.com/2010/12/in-my-mailbox-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what fantastic books you have this week. Enjoy :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the list! Hope you enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many great books this week! I really want to eventually read the Vlad books, I heard they're a lot of fun and I always forget about Rot & Ruin I want to read that one too. Enjoy them all! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got some awesome books! I can't wait to hear what you think of Strings Attached as well as Low Red Moon. I've heard some mixed reviews for that one as well. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. low red moon looks awesome - can;t wait to get stuck into it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had a fantastic week this week! I just finished Eight Grade Bites and thought it was cute, not great, but cute and I have a feeling this series will get a lot better as it goes so I'm looking forward to continuing it. I've heard good things about Rot & Ruin so I look forward to your review of that one! Enjoy all those Leanna!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab books this week. I got Low Red Moon as well. Hope you enjoy all of them! My mailbox is here.
    Come and link reviews of books with a Scifi theme on this week's Read My Scifi Review

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed Eighth Grade Bites...I found the humour really fun and it was a quick read. I'm looking forward to reading more of the series as they come out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh, strings attached! i'm jealous!! enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm curious about your opinion on Low Red Moon. It's sitting on the book shelf in front of my desk at work and I've been thinking about grabbing it, but I'm just not sure yet.
    I really like the cover of Small Blue Things - I've never seen it before.
    Happy Reading!
    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  16. Small Blue Things sounds really interesting, I've never heard of it before! Have fun reading all those books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, these all look great! Enjoy your new books. These are all mostly new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Small Blue Thing has grabbed my attention. It looks like a good read. Enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic books! Small Blue Thing is so pretty and sounds interesting! Looking forward to Tyme's End..sounds creepy!
    Low Red Moon was just okay for me, but I know some people enjoyed it, so you'll just have to see for yourself!:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Frankly, all of those look wonderful. I'm quite fascinated by Small Blue Thing, and excited to read Rot and Ruin and Low Red Moon (how gorgeous is that book?!).

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great books this week! I love the cover for Small Blue Thing - I'm going to add it to my wishlist.

    I reviewed 'Crusade' on my blog and really enjoyed it. If you like historical fiction then you'll enjoy all the detail that's gone into the story.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Some great books there. I totally agree on the Zombie thing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome, awesome books - So dying to hear what you have to say about Low Red Moon and I adore the sound of Tyme's End and Small Blue thing as well. Happy reading this week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Omg! You got Judy Blundell's new book! I will be awaiting your review . I loved her book , What I saw and How I lied.
    I had the same thoughts about Zombies until I read The Forest of Hand and Teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous stack!! Small Blue Thing and Crusade sound really interesting. Love the covers. I'm so jealous you got Tyme's End! Awesome on the signed book! And you've been looking forward to that book, too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, why not give ROT & RUIN a try? Folks have been calling it the 'zombie novel for people who don't like zombie novels'. It's not a gore story..it's an exploration of the meaning and value of human life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats