Wednesday 8 June 2016

Five of my All Time Favourite Summer Reads!

Another day, another list!

Here are some classic summer hits -- the books that will leave you with fond memories for years to come. These are the books you'll want to read over and over again, the books you'll want to read all summer long.

I'm sticking to YA Fiction here, but if you're looking for something a little more adult-y just click the Summer Spotlight tab in the sidebar.


*****



Jenny Han is an auto-buy author for me. Actually, all of the authors on this list are auto-buys for me. There's something really special about The Summer series, though. I love reading the story of Conrad, Jeremiah and Belly as it unfolds over the years. I should probably re-read this series sometime soon, as it's been a few years!

Read my review of the Summer Series by Jenny Han.


*****




I was late to the Sarah Dessen party, and I still have a lot of catching up to do. To date, I've read three Dessen books and this one is my favourite by far.  So adorable. And, for me, Wes will always be one of my favourite Boys of YA. So much sa-woon! I'm hoping to get to Along for the Ride this summer (although I said the same last summer!) Do you have any Dessen faves? I'd love to know!


Read my review of The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen.

*****





Morgan Matson's debut is still my favourite of hers.  Second Chance Summer was a really good read too, but you know, tears. This one, though, is fun! It's got swoony romance, and as the title indicates, it's got an epic road trip (well, detour). P.S: I happen to know (from following her on Instagram) that Morgan Matson is in Italy right now. I also happened to leave a comment on one of her photos dropping hints that it would be really cool if her trip was a research trip for 'Amy & Roger's Epic Italian Adventure.' I'm really hoping that she sees my comment and runs with it.

Read my review of Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson.


*****




I guess by now you're sensing that there's a theme to my summer reading. That's right, as soon as the sun hits, I am all about beach-set contemporary fiction. And it doesn't get better than this. Nantucket Blue is one of my all time summer faves. I LOVE the setting of this book, and the romance is pretty fun too. The follow up, Nantucket Red is also one to add to your summer reading list. I'm hoping for another YA from Leila Howland very soon (she's been writing MG for the past few years). 

Read my reviews  of Nantucket Blue and Nantucket Red by Leila Howland.


*****




All of Emery Lord's books to date have been pretty great reads for me, but this one, her debut, remains my favourite (totally have a fondness for debut novels!) I loved this story of country music superstar Lilah Montgomery and her best friend (with a bad attitude) Reagan O' Neill. 


Read my review of Open Road Summer by Emery Lord.


*****



This book divided opinion when it released last year. Oh boy, did it divide opinion! It's about cheating, you see: lots of cheating and lots of bad decisions and lots of mean girl antics too. Basically, this book is all about a lot of drama. And I loved it. I remember reading this one Saturday. I read it all in one sitting, because I just could not put it down, an that doesn't happen all that often for me. I'm a really picky reader - and I'm getting pickier as the years go by! I still haven't read Cotugno's debut How to Love. Need to get to that one soon.


Read my review of 99 Days by Katie Cotugno.

*****

Let me know what you think of this list!

And tell me your favourite summer reads!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats