Monday 19 October 2015

Look Fantastic Beauty Box Review - October 2015.



The Look Fantastic Beauty Box is always a special treat and, in my opinion, one of the best Beauty Boxes around. The October box is a total winner (and might just be my favourite Look Fantastic Beauty Box to date!) featuring products from such brands as Elemis, Balance Me, Murad and Nuxe for you to try before you buy.  As an added bonus, this month's beauty treats are boxed in a special limited edition gold-accented design - so pretty it's almost a treat in itself!

So, let's see what's inside the box, shall we?


 Monu Firming Moisturiser - Travel Size 25ml. 

What they say: This indulgent, moisture rich cream has been formulated to instantly soften and smooth the complexion, reducing the appearance of imperfections and fine lines. 

What I think: I'm currently patch testing this one (I have to patch test EVERYTHING before I use it due to sensitive skin and nasty breakouts etc). So far no problems with this - although it is quite heavily scented with Neroli and Lavender oils. It's also enriched with Marine Collagen and Aloe Vera - so I'm thinking it'll be a good product for when my skin starts to get all dried out with the cold weather/central heating killer combo.


Balance Me Radiance Face Mask - Travel Size 30ml. 

What they say: A triple-action face mask with kaolin clay, gently polishing walnut shells and fruit acids designed to cleanse, exfoliate and brighten skin. 

What I think: I love a good face mask and I've been hearing great things about Balance Me products lately (I have a whole lot of their products on my wish list!) so I'm really looking forward to trying this mask out very soon. 


Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser - Travel Size 30ml.

What they say: Perfectly polishes for a soft complexion. This superb exfoliator removes skins impurities to reveal an instantly smoother, younger-looking complexion. 

What I think:  Sounds good to me. I don't mix up my cleansers all that often - I've been a Liz Earle girl for years although I have just started using the Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm and it is lush! -but I might incorporate this one into my routine once or twice a week as I really should exfoliate more often than I do. This sounds like a good bet with gently exfoliating acids and Jojoba Beads. 






Elemis - Hydra-Balance Day Cream - Travel Size 20ml.

What they say: Balances, comforts, moisturises. This ultra-light, anti-oxidant rich day cream provides continuous hydration and helps balance normal to combination skin. 

What I think: Ultra light and anti-oxidant - this sounds like my kind of moisturiser. I'll be trying this one out as soon as my current moisturiser runs out and if I like it, it might even warrant a full review. It takes me ages to get around to reviewing skincare products because I don't like trying a whole slew of new products all at once. I speak from experience when I say this often leads to disaster (as far as my complexion goes!). This also contains hyaluronic acid. If you want your skin to look hydrated and fresh and plumped, hyaluronic acid is where it's at!



Nuxe Reve de Miel Hand and Nail Cream - Travel Size 15ml.

What they say: Repairs, nourishes and protects. This silky and non-greasy hand cream with honey,sunflower, precious oils and Vitamin E nourishes and repairs dry and damaged hands and also protects them from premature aging. 

What I think: I'm already a fan of this hand cream! I have the full size and this 15ml sample is perfect for my handbag. This is a gorgeous hand cream with a beautiful honey-rose scent. 



Percy & Reed Volumising No Oil Oil for Fine Hair - Travel Size 30ml. 

What they say: Your little lifesaver, creating lovely locks which are smooth, sleek and shiny while also adding volume. It nourishes and repairs hair, with strengthening pro vitamin B5 and wheat proteins to protect from heat.

What I think:  Percy & Reed is a new-to-me brand, but I've already tried this and I'm a fan. Specially formulated for fine hair it leaves my hair silky smooth - and most importantly doesn't weigh it down like a lot of hair oils I have tried. I'm impressed! 


Look Good Feel Better Eye Shading Brush. 

What they say: A super soft and versatile Eye Shading Brush. This professional quality brush is handmade, cruelty free and suitable for sensitive skin. 

Look Good Feel Better (LGFB) is the only worldwide cancer charity providing practical support for women and teenagers struggling with the visible side effects of their cancer treatment. 12% from all sales of this brush collection will be donated to LGFB (registered charity no. 1031728).

What I think: As you might be able to see from the second picture, I've already been putting this brush to good use. It's a good quality brush and a great addition to my collection. I can usually be found applying eye shadow with my fingers, so yeah, I'm glad of this!

*****

Overall a great Beauty Box, don't you think? I am pretty sure I'll use every one of these products (I've tried out most of them already!) I always like when Beauty Boxes feature skin care rather than make up (I don't wear a whole load of make up on a day to day basis but I just LOVE skincare stuff!) so this one was really to my taste - especially as it features a lot of products that will be useful in the coming winter months.

The Look Fantastic Beauty Box is available from Look Fantastic and costs £15/€20.40 with free worldwide delivery.

Use Code: OCT15 for 15% off. 



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats