Wednesday 28 January 2015

Beauty Buzz: Chanel Spring 2015 Collection Réverie Parisienne Limited Edition.

Image via Chanel.com



I'll tell you a little secret about me: I am obsessed - and I mean - OBSESSED with Chanel nail polishes.  When they are limited edition, that's when my obsession gets out of control. I'm talking Particuliere, I'm talking Jade - that one was so difficult (impossible) to get on release that I had to settle for a dupe from Urban Outfitters. It was a pretty good dupe, actually, although a shade or two darker than Jade. At the time, Jade was selling for hundreds of dollars on eBay - and though it is pretty crazy, my Chanel nail polish obsession is not quite crazy enough to shell out that kind of money on a nail polish. 

I always breathe a sigh of relief, then, when Chanel release limited edition collection nail polishes that I am not entirely crazy about. Hey, it saves on cash and time spent trawling eBay when the collections inevitably sell out.






Chanel's new spring 2015 collection is inspired by a 'palette of colours gathered in a Parisian garden', and while these purple and pink shades (Tenderly and Désirio respectively) are quite pretty - they are not really me. I rarely wear pinks (apart from summer pedicures) and while I like the purple to me it looks similar to a shade I had a couple years back; Essie's Merino Cool, in case you were wondering. I'd have to see it in store, though, so see just how similar they are. I think this one is a little lighter than Merino Cool. Actually, the more I look at it, the more it's growing on me. Maybe I need to take a closer look at Tenderly, after all...


What do you think of the new Chanel limited edition nail polishes?

You can see the full collection - including some rather nice eyeshadow quads and a pretty blush by the name of Angélique Here.

The Chanel spring 2015 collection is available now.





Images via Chanel.com

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats