Thursday 25 September 2014

TV Things: Do You ShondaLand?

“I remember saying, very almost jokingly, I’m going to take over the world through television, that’s my plan. And I said it to my agent, and I said it to my friends, and I said it to myself.”

- Shonda Rhimes.


I don't know about taking over the world, but Shonda Rhimes is certainly taking over my TV! 

I've been with Grey's right from the start and while it's not 'must watch' TV for me these days, I still look forward to tuning in every week. Hey, after all this time, these guys are like my friends. We've been through so much together!  Post-Cristina Yang I wonder if the show can ever be the same again?  Things are certainly going to be different in Mer's world, and that's before I even get started on her latest McDreamy debacle. Usually I'm all about the HEA, but I think Mer/Der have become a little boring and settled of late, so I welcome the drama!

So, yeah, Grey's fan here. I'm definitely still into this show and I crush big time on Jackson Avery. I mean, doesn't everyone? I also want a HEA for him and April. Those guys are CUTE!

----

Scandal is my #OMG OBSESSION. I cannot get enough of this show - it never fails to shock me, and yes, I have an almighty crush on Fitz. I may not agree with everything he does - I may think that he is plain bratty a LOT of the time, but I can't help my obsession. POTUS is HOT - and I want a happy ever after for him and OP.  I want Olivia Pope to live in that house in Vermont where she can have babies and make jam every day if she feels like it, dammit!

FYI, I think Mellie is AWESOME! But Kerry Washington and Tony Goldwyn have such amazing chemistry that I can't not ship them!
----

And, then, there's Shonda's new show - How to Get Away With Murder which looks like a whole lot of fun: watched the trailer, and I'm pretty much hooked already! I usually don't watch new season shows until they get a full season pick up - I have been burned too many times in the past! --but I have to check this one out, because, Shonda!

Do you ShondaLand?

Will you be watching How to Get Away With Murder?




What other new season shows do you plan on watching?

 I am always looking for recommendations!

---

17 comments :

  1. How to Get Away With Murder looks great! I know it's one I'd like. I gave up on Greys as I got a bit bored after about season 5. And I know I'd like Scandal, I just haven't got around to it yet. I love to binge watch shows and some weekend soon, I'll treat myself with a Scandal fest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Scandal too! Totally obsessed however I want to see OP end up with Jake! Such the better choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! Where IS other Rowan? Is there another Rowan? If not, why not? I have all the questions about this guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ChristinaBookAddict26 September 2014 at 22:40

    I am a season behind with Grey's….hopefully someday I will get caught up. You know I love Scandal, too. It's so damn good and although Fitz and Olivia have/had chemistry, I'm team Jake all the way. No surprise to you though. I can't wait for you to see the first five minutes of the new season….oh, yeah, #teamjake! I watched How to Get Away with Murder and I liked it so far. I'm not 100% sold on it, but I am intrigued. What is really cool is that parts of it were taped not far from my house! Anyway, I hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. jayd @ page burner27 September 2014 at 12:24

    I have this one on my shelf, and I'm a little put off by the cliche-YA sort of feel it gives off. But, I'm still willing to give it a try. Your review helped, it gave me a wider picture of the book than was given in just the blurb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. alibrarianslibrary27 September 2014 at 21:14

    I am ALL about ShondaLand! I watched a couple of episodes of Grey's when it first came on, and then I bingewatched it through season 6 and have been watching ever since, and I love the drama and the chemistry of the cast. Scandal....sigh. I totes ship them, too! THAT show is must watch immediately TV for me.
    And I am totally in love with How to Get Away with Murder after that first episode! And so is my hubby!
    So yes, I am a TV watcher who uses #TGIT because Thursday is the best night of TV! Period!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have absolutely loved Scandal from the beginning, I'm so glad to see that its back! Have you watched S4's episode yet? And yes I will always be a team Fitz too, I agree he doesn't make the best decisions, but god his voice just makes me melt! I really do want to watch Shonda's new show, it looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad the review helped! :) This one isn't a real favourite of mine, but it was an overall enjoyable read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought How to Get Away With Murder was pretty good - I'll definitely be tuning in for more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy the Scandal fest! Don't forget the red wine & popcorn - you'll know what I mean once you start watching! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. #TeamJake is winning for now but #Olitz is endgame. You know it! ;-P I thought How to Get Away with Murder was pretty good - but like you not 100% sold on it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great to meet another ShondaLand fangirl! :) I enjoyed How to Get Away with Murder too - it'll be interesting to see where the show goes. I almost died at the end of Scandal with that little #Olitz moment. LOVE THEM!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I am up to date with Scandal. Sounds like Fitz has been through some dark days! :( I want more #Olitz but it looks like Jake might be around for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I fell in LOVE with Get Away with Murder! Viola Davis such a badass! And did you know that Wes was Lee Thomas from Harry Potter? MIND BLOWN.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We are tv soul mates <33 I love Thursdays which should just be called SHONDADAY. I'm with you on Grey's -- been with it forever and I can't quite quit it but it's been less of "OMG LOVE" show for me. I thought it was bad after a couple things but then Christina leaving?? I just don't know how I feel about it and this season now. But Will and I can't quit..because like you said..they are like my friends. My people. I have to stick it out. Also, AVERY.

    SCANDAL IS THE BEST EVER. One of my fave shows! I aspire to be as badass as Olivia Pope. And I totally ship them too. Even though I have a thing for Jake because I just seem him as Noel from Felicity and I have to ship him somewhere because I was so Felicity and Ben. haha

    And How To Get Away With Murder...loving it so far!! That first episode was pretty explosive. And I learned that hte first episode was filmed at a local college which was cool! Also it has Paris from Gilmore Girls in it which was fun for me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Avery! Grey's needs more of him! I actually thought last week's episode of Grey's was pretty boring. I mean, the 'lost sister' thing has been done already. Still, I stick with the show!


    Scandal is my OBSESSION. I can't get enough! Ben was my fave guy in Felicity too. Poor Jake - he always comes second for me.


    I am not 100% sold on HTGAWM. I like it - I am just not #obsessed yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats