Friday 30 November 2012

UK Cover Alerts: Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff, Hidden by Marianne Curley, Beautiful Creatures Movie Tie-In Edition & Much More!

A quick cover/trailer post today to keep you up with all the latest happenings in the world of YA!   I've included the US cover counterparts where available, so let me know your favourites! If you've already read any of the books featured, I'd love to know what you thought of them! I'm especially interested in hearing from any Beautiful Creatures fans out there -- I've never read the books, but now that there's all this movie buzz around the series, I'm thinking about it.  Is Beautiful Creatures worth checking out?


******


Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff
Publisher: Simon & Schuster UK
Release date: January 2013
Ages:  12+

The city of Ludlow is gripped by the hottest July on record. The asphalt is melting, the birds are dying, petty crime is on the rise, and someone in Hannah Wagnor's peaceful suburban community is killing girls.

For Hannah, the summer is a complicated one. Her best friend Lillian died six months ago, and Hannah just wants her life to go back to normal. But how can things be normal when Lillian's ghost is haunting her bedroom, pushing her to investigate the mysterious string of murders? Hannah's just trying to understand why her friend self-destructed, and where she fits now that Lillian isn't there to save her a place among the social elite. And she must stop thinking about Finny Boone, the big, enigmatic delinquent whose main hobbies seem to include petty larceny and surprising acts of kindness.

With the entire city in a panic, Hannah soon finds herself drawn into a world of ghost girls and horrifying secrets. She realises that only by confronting the Valentine Killer will she be able move on with her life - and it's up to her to put together the pieces before he strikes again.

 US Cover Art:


 *******
 
 Hidden by Marianne Curley
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Release date:  March 2013
Ages: 12+
Ebony has always known that she is different. Her violet eyes mark her out, and her protective parents have kept her in a gorgeous valley, home-schooled, safe from everything—almost as if she’s being hidden. But she’s changing: glowing, getting more and more beautiful, and stronger than anyone knows. Ebony can’t stay hidden for ever, and when she meets complicated, intense Jordan, something explodes inside her—something that can be seen from the heavens; something that changes everything. Ebony is a stolen angel, concealed on Earth. Now the heavens have found her, they want her back.

Fans of Becca Fitzpatrick’s Hush, Hush Saga and L.A. Weatherly’s Angel series will adore Hidden. Full of irresistible romance and breath-taking suspense, this is a sensational start to a brilliant new series. Get ready to be swept away by this spellbinding story of eternal love.

Kindle Edition Cover: 


*******

Beautiful Creatures (movie tie-ie edition) by Kami Garci & Margaret Stohl
Publisher: Penguin
Release date: November 20th 2012
Ages:  12+


Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.



Beautiful Creatures Movie Trailer:






Kami Garcia signs Two-Book deal with Simon & Schuster UK


Simon and Schuster Children's Books today announced the acquisition of Beautiful Creatures co-author Kami Garcia's first solo YA novels. 

Kami Garcia has shot to fame for her bestselling Beautiful Creatures series, co-written with Margaret Stohl. The movie adaptation will be released in February 2013, starring Emma Thompson, Jeremy Irons, Emmy Rossum and Alice Englert, and the publishing programme for the series is ongoing.

Venetia Gosling, Editorial Director at Simon & Schuster UK, has bought UK & Commonwealth rights, including ebook and audio, from Angharad Kowal at Writer's House in two books in Garcia's Legion series, her first solo novels. A film adaptation of the series is already in development with Mark Morgan, the producer of The Twilight saga and Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. 

In the first book, Unbreakable, seventeen-year-old Kennedy Waters' whole life changes the night she comes home to find her mother dead, and two mysterious twins breaking into her house, saying they are trying to save her from a murderous vengeful spirit. Kennedy learns that she is the fifth member of a secret society, The Legion of the Black Dove, formed 200 years ago to protect the world from a powerful demon determined to find a way out of his dimension and into ours. Kennedy and the twins, Lukas and Jared, are joined by Priest, a teenage engineer who designs ghost-hunting weapons, and Alara, a girl trained in voodoo arts, and the five teens race to find the pieces of the shift, a device they believe will help them destroy the demon. But each piece of the shift is located in a place more terrifying than the last, and the teens must battle their own personal demons to find them, even as Kennedy fights her feelings for two very different boys, who look exactly alike. Suspense, romance and dark paranormal forces meet in this frightening and thrilling urban fantasy. 

The Legion series has already sold in Italy, Germany, France and Brazil, with Little, Brown as the US publisher. Unbreakable will publish as a paperback original in Autumn 2013, with the second title in the series following in Autumn 2014. 

Gosling says: "I loved Unbreakable - it's page-turning and frightening and absolutely gripping and I'm desperate to know what happens in the second book! It's also incredibly visual, and I can absolutely see why it has been optioned for film. With this new series launch, as well as the film of Beautiful Creatures hitting cinemas in February, Kami is guaranteed a big year in 2013, and we're delighted to be part of it as we launch the Legion series on the S&S list."




 ******



Undone by Cat Clarke
Publisher: Quercus
Release date: January 2013
Ages:  14+


A video appears online. And a boy jumps off a bridge.

Jem is determined to avenge the death of Kai - her beloved best friend who was driven to desperation after being 'outed' by the popular crew at school. Transforming herself from introverted emo to in-crowd acceptable, Jem becomes part of the clique. She's going to take down those responsible, one by one.

But what if Kai was keeping secrets from Jem? Could her quest for revenge be directed at the wrong people? And can Jem find out what really happened before someone else gets hurt?



Book Trailer for Undone by Cat Clarke:








* Please note: These covers may not be final and may be subject to change. Images sourced from publishers websites, booktrade.info, Goodreads & Amazon.

10 comments :

  1. The UK cover of Paper Valentine is creepy and probably suits the book but I prefer the US one, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky @ Stories & Sweeties30 November 2012 at 09:06

    I love the cover for Hidden! Story sounds pretty amazing, too.  Don't like the new movie cover for Beautiful Creatures, I guess I just love the originals too much. :D  I loved Beautiful Creatures and Beautiful Darkness,but I haven't gotten to the rest of the series yet.  I can't wait to read Undone---I read Entangled by Cat Clarke and was blown away by how good it was. 

    Thanks for sharing these, Leanna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so many gorgeous covers revealed this week, I think the UK cover of Paper Valentine is so creepy! I much prefer the bright and vibrant colours of the US cover! Also I didn't know Cat Clarke had a book coming out so soon! I love the cover! Thanks for sharing these with us Leanna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new Paper Valentine cover. Creepy but pretty in some odd way. haha. I also can't wait to read more of Kami's work. It'll be interesting how she goes by herself in her next two books! I'm sure it will be awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sound of Undone! And I prefer our UK cover for Paper Valentine by far, thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6.  It is pretty! I think they both look good, but I'm with you - the US cover is my fave for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7.  Hidden sounds really good! I hadn't heard of it at all until I few weeks back when I was offered it for review. I think I'll check out Beautiful Creatures and see what I think.  One more series isn't going to hurt, right...?!

    ReplyDelete
  8.  The new series sounds like it could be a good one! I still need to read Beautiful Creatures. I hope to get to it before the movie releases! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The UK cover of Paper Valentine is delightfully creepy! If I hadn't seen the US cover, I'd be all for this, but when comparing; the gorgeousness of US wins for me :)  

    I really enjoyed the BC series, although I know the slow-pace and length are not to everyones taste. I'm not complete sold on some of the casting for the movie, but I don't want to judge until I actually SEE it, which I'm really looking forward to! 2013 is HOT for movies. I can count on one hand the number of times I've visited the cinema in the past few years, but my list to see  2013 is crazy long :D 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenny @ Supernatural Snark2 December 2012 at 15:49

    Oooo how gorgeous is the cover for Hidden? So, so pretty! I'm not as big a fan of the UK cover for Paper Valentine, for some reason that giant hand freaks me out. I prefer the US cover which is strange because typically I gravitate toward the UK ones:) Thanks for sharing these Leanna!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats