Tuesday 9 October 2012

Blog News: A Halloween Spooky Special & Introducing Emily!



October

It's a Halloween takeover! For the next couple weeks I'll be reviewing all the very best in scary reads! Horror is one of my first reading loves, so much so that every year I save up any scary books I receive for review throughout the year and save them for when the nights are cold and dark and the wind is howling outside! Yay for scares!

Along with reviews of Ten by Gretchen McNeil, Hollow Pike by James Dawson, Unrest by Michelle Harrison and as many other scary books and I can squeeze in, I'll  be hosting some great author guest posts and giveaways in October.

I'll also be participating in the Spooktacular Giveaway Hop this month! I need to think of an extra special spooky prize for that one!


November

 
As many of you know, NaNoWriMo (That's National Novel Writing Month to those who aren't familiar with that annual slice of November madness!) is approaching fast.  I  hope to participate again this year, even though I'm still working on last years project (I know, I'm SO SLOW!), so that means that things may be scaled back on the blog in November, and possibly December too (generally things are always a little quieter in blog land in December).

Never fear, though, I have a new helper! Along with Jen and Liz who will continue to write guest reviews for the blog, I'm now delighted to welcome Emily on board as a new guest reviewer. You'll be able to read her reviews on here soon, but in the meantime you can follow her on twitter @emily_marquart






That's about it for the updates! Normal service will resume tomorrow when I'll be back with reviews of Envy by Elizabeth Miles and Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan.

13 comments :

  1. caroline.taylor0789 October 2012 at 20:43

    Ooh, I can't wait for this, I adore horror aswell, its my fave genre probably. I am saving Ten for Halloween but I've already read hollow Pike and absolutely LOVED it! Looking forward to all the spooky stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2.  I thought Ten was excellent! I'll be reading Hollow Pike soon. Can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh fun month ahead! Hi to Emily, can't wait to meet her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of saving all you horror books for this month! I always love October because of all the scary movies on TV, I love being scared.  Welcome to Emily! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! I can't wait for your scary book reviews & good luck with NaNoWriMo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read your reviews! Looking forward to Halloween. :) 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait for more of your spooky reads, but I am such a baby when it comes to them.  I also want to try to participate in Nanowrimo again- let's hope I can write more than I did last year!  

    ReplyDelete
  8.  Me too! I love me some good scares! I'll be watching some horror movies this month too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9.  Thanks! I had lots of fun with NaNoWriMo last year, although it does take up a hell of a lot of time!

    ReplyDelete
  10.  Thanks Nina! x

    ReplyDelete
  11.  I got to 50k for NaNo last year but it was  all done in such a rush at the end and most of what I wrote was really, really bad!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay, I'm so happy to be a guest reviewer!


    I wish we celebrated Halloween in Australia. I might have to have my own celebration by reading something spooky :-) 

    *searches blog for good horror recs*

    ReplyDelete
  13.  So glad to have you on board, Emily! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats