Tuesday 7 August 2012

Book Trailer: The Diviners by Libba Bray.

Coolest. Trailer. Ever.

I cannot wait to read this!

I've posted the US cover art for The Diviners to go along with the US book trailer, but if you'd like to check out the very beautiful UK cover art for the book, you can click: here.



The Diviners by Libba Bray
Publisher: Little, Brown (US) Atom (UK)
Release date: September 18th 2012
Ages: 15+

It's 1920s New York City. It's flappers and Follies, jazz and gin. It's after the war but before the depression. And for certain group of bright young things it's the opportunity to party like never before. 

For Evie O'Neill, it's escape. She's never fit in in small town Ohio and when she causes yet another scandal, she's shipped off to stay with an uncle in the big city. But far from being exile, this is exactly what she's always wanted: the chance to show how thoroughly modern and incredibly daring she can be. 

But New York City isn't about just jazz babies and follies girls. It has a darker side. Young women are being murdered across the city. And these aren't crimes of passion. They're gruesome. They're planned. They bear a strange resemblance to an obscure group of tarot cards. And the New York City police can't solve them alone.

Evie wasn't just escaping the stifling life of Ohio, she was running from the knowledge of what she could do. She has a secret. A mysterious power that could help catch the killer - if he doesn't catch her first.


18 comments :

  1. I love it. The trailer and the cover! :) 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this trailer goes PERFECTLY with the story. I read and really enjoyed this one.  Thanks for sharing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap I LOVE that trailer! I'm so super stoked to read this one. It's coming up in my review pile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! I saw this post in my feed and got all excited because I thought you'd somehow managed to get your hands on an ARC and review it already. I can't wait to read it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cover is just beautiful! I've just bought a few Libba Bray books, so now I can check out her work at long last.

    Steph @ Read in a Single Sitting

    ReplyDelete
  6. daisychainbooks8 August 2012 at 14:52

     I agree! One of the best trailers, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. daisychainbooks8 August 2012 at 14:53

     Oooh, you're so lucky you got to read it already. Can't wait to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. daisychainbooks8 August 2012 at 14:53

     Can't wait to see what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. daisychainbooks8 August 2012 at 14:54

     I wish! Hopefully soon, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. daisychainbooks8 August 2012 at 14:55

     I've never read Bray before either, although I have a bunch on my tbr. Can't wait to read this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow!!! I LOVE this trailer… I cant wait for the book!! 

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! What an awesome trailer! I am so excited for this book. I love Libba Bray, so I'm sure it will be a great read. Thanks or sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very creative, well done. Great camera angles and  background music. Drew my interest to buy the book. 

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVED IT . IT SURE MADE ME WANT TO KNOW MORE

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really interesting Video trailer. I like the movement from black and white depicting the past to color in the future. Enhances the impact of the video. I like spooky stuff and will probably purchase the book. Overall nice job -- san rafael bob.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent trailer.  I definitely want to read this book. Great work!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats