Wednesday 1 February 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #39 - Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson.


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted at Breaking the Spine that spotlights eagerly awaited upcoming releases.



Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Release date: June 2012

Taylor's family might not be the closest-knit – everyone is a little too busy and overscheduled – but for the most part, they get along fine. Then Taylor's dad gets devastating news that changes everything. Her parents decide that the family will spend the summer together at their old vacation home in the Pocono Mountains.

Crammed into a place much smaller and more rustic than they are used to, they begin to get to know each other again. And Taylor discovers that the people she thought she had left behind haven’t actually gone anywhere. Her former summer best friend is still around, as is her first boyfriend. . . and he's much cuter at seventeen than he was at twelve.

As the summer progresses, the Edwards become more of a family, and closer than they’ve ever been before. But all of them are very aware that they’re battling a ticking clock. Sometimes, though, there is just enough time to get a second chance – with family, with friends, and with love.


Morgan Matson's debut novel Amy & Roger's Epic Detour was one of my top summer reads of 2011 and I was very eager to hear what her next book would be all about. When I read the synopsis of Second Chance Summer, I pretty much fell in love! This is definitely right at the top of my summer 2012 reading list!

The publishers have gone for very different US & UK looks for this one. I love how the UK cover matches Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, and I also love the perfect summer setting of the US cover. Which is your fave?

As always let me know what you think, and leave your WoW links in comments. 

19 comments :

  1. I like both covers, but the US is my favourite. Such an atmospheric setting. I am looking forward to Second Chance Summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read Amy & Roger's Epic Detour and loved it too! I wish there was more since I couldn't get enough of those two;) I've been waiting for this too:D

    Drop by my WoW?
    http://www.tumblinginbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-incarnate-by-jodi-meadows.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! I'm anxious to see how Matson follows up Amy and Roger, I really enjoyed that book too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of this book even thought I don't usually read much realistic fiction. Great choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super high on my list too Leanna! I haven't read Amy & Roger, but I love the sound of this one and the fact that family seems like it will be a prominent element. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of the cover versions, but the US is my favourite.

    My WOW
    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to reading this as well !
    Great choice !
    Thanks for stopping by!

    Nick @ Nick's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, Second Chance Summer sounds like such a touching book! I really need to catch up on my contemporary reads and this sounds like the perfect book to do the job! :)

    Awesome pick for your WOW, Leanna! I LOVE the US cover because of the gorgeous colours and background, bu I think that the UK cover looks like so much fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the US cover and I can't WAIT to read this book! sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how the UK one sorta matches Amy & Roger without making it look like the second in a series. Definitely sounds like the perfect summer read, I'll be keeping an eye out for it!!

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how the UK cover matches Amy & Roger too! But I think I prefer the US cover over all. Great pick, I'm really excited for this one too :).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Second Chance Summer looks great!!! I'm surprised how different the covers are. Nice pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pick! This sounds really good! I am definitely adding this to my list.

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a great beach read...

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amy and Roger's is my next read. I hope I love it.
    I think I'm a bigger fan of the US cover.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, very different looks! Sounds like an interesting summer read.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so excited for this book, it was one of my WoW picks recently, too! I read Amy & Roger's Epic Detour last months and loved it so much, I can't wait wait to see what else she does.

    Also, thanks for the cover comparisons! Both are so different, they evoke incredibly different emotions to me. I think I prefer the US cover, but that may be because I hope the story feels more like that one.

    Ashley
    Ashley Loves Books

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour was a totally gorgeous read and I'm really looking forward to this! I think both covers look great, but personally, I think that the UK one would've looked better if the blue was lighter. I don't know if that's just me being weird and snobbish (LOL), but the blue being darker doesn't really feel like 'summer' to me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can't not wait for this one. I loved Amy & Roger's Epic Detour. This will be the perfect read for the summer =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats