Wednesday 20 July 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #35 - Frost by Marianna Baer.


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted at Breaking the Spine that spotlights eagerly awaited upcoming releases.



Frost by Marianna Baer
Publisher: Balzer & Bray
Release date: September 13th 2011


Leena Thomas’s senior year at boarding school begins with a shock: Frost House, her cozy dorm of close friends, has been assigned an unexpected roommate: confrontational, eccentric Celeste Lazar. But while Leena’s anxiety about a threat to her sanctuary proves valid, it becomes less and less clear whether the threat lies with her new roommate, within Leena’s own mind, or within the very nature of Frost House itself. Mysterious happenings in the dorm, an intense triangle between Leena, Celeste, and Celeste’s brother, and the reawakening of childhood fears, all push Leena to take increasingly desperate measures to feel safe. Frost is the story of a haunting. As to whether the demons are supernatural or psychological . . . well, which answer would let you sleep at night?


Oooh, I really love the sound of this one! Sounds all spooky, gothic and haunting, and the setting - a creepy boarding school!! Cannot wait to get my hands on this one! Love that cover too!


As always, let me know what you think of my choice, and share your WOW picks in comments! :)

26 comments :

  1. I just received this. I've heard it's creepy goodness!

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we both love the boarding school setting- so I must add this to my TBR list. That cover is haunting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! I love gothic books, especially ones in an academic setting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh! Creepy gothic books? I'm all for it. but goodness, that cover is so eerie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, another creepy boarding school book! Love that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the sound of this one! I'm a not so secret fan of boarding school settings, and anything that has "mysterious happenings" is definitely for me. Plus, the cover is really pretty :). Can't wait to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES!!!! I can't wait for this one either Leanna! I really want to know if everything is in her head or is really happening:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! The cover is calling to me. I love the sound of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, this looks really creepy!! In a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just got this book! Super excited to read!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool! Can't wait to check this one out. I've been wanting to read more mystery books lately.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick!!

    I love that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really excited to read this one. Awesome pick! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pick and such a haunting cover!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love spooky, gothic, and haunting! I agree...this one sounds like fun! I'll have to check it out. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really want to read this one too! I love freaky psychological thrillers like this one sounds to be.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am a sucker for any book set in a boarding school! Bonus points if it's a creeptastic boarding school ;) Sounds so good and I love the feel of the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, thank so much for highlighting this! I love a book that keeps you on the edge (and hiding under the blanket)!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes! This is coming up next on my review queue after MARA, and I just can't wait to start it! Fab choice!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've been hearing lots of internet buzz about this book already and totally can't wait to read it!


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great pick! This looks like a fantastic read. :)

    Thanks for sharing and stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This one sounds like a great psychological thriller!! Cool cover, too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooooh totally just put this on my TBR list. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. OOH - I can't wait for this one!! :D I love gothic novels and am super curious to find out whether there really IS a haunting, or everything's just in Leena's mind.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats