Friday 27 May 2011

UK Book News: Pan Macmillan signs self-publishing star Amanda Hocking!

 I admit to not knowing a great deal about the self-publishing book world, but I've certainly heard of Amanda Hocking, the  superstar of the self-publishing world, who recently signed a major deal with St. Martin's Press in the US, and has now inked a seven book deal with Tor Books an imprint of Pan Macmillan in the UK. It's pretty exciting stuff!

Tor will be publishing Hocking's Trylle Trilogy as well as a new four book series called Watersong.  Described as a romantic coming-of-age tale of two sisters, this one sounds right up my street!

The Trylle Trilogy will be published in Spring 2012, with Wake, the first book in the Watersong series following in Autumn 2012. 

Julie Crisp, editorial director at TOR says of Hocking: "We're thrilled to have Amanda Hocking on the Tor UK list. She’s been incredibly successful at self-publishing her Trylle series already and we’re thrilled to be able to work with her in publishing these, and her new Watersong series, and helping her to reach a much bigger readership.

"She’s a wonderfully imaginative, original and accomplished writer and I’m sure she’ll be a worldwide sensation."

Have you read anything by Amanda Hocking? All I know is that there's a lot of hype surrounding her deals with traditional publishers and I also believe she sold more than a million copies of her titles as a self-published author.  If you've read any of her books, I'd love to know what you thought of them. Is the hype justified?




Additional information & quote: The Bookseller.

5 comments :

  1. I interviewed the author on my blog last year; I am really glad for her! I have not read anything by her, but I do plan to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ Oh cool - I will go check out your interview later! Thanks for letting me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read any of her books before but I've heard really great things about all of them. I think its so awesome her titles now have a chance to reach a broader audience. Great news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I admit, I have not read any of her books either! I feel so ashamed that I am not on the same page as everyone else. But I do plan on reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of her before. Great she signed with two major publishers:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats