Wednesday 27 April 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #33 - Tighter by Adele Griffin.


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted at Breaking the Spine that spotlights eagerly awaited upcoming releases.



Tighter by Adele Griffin.
Publisher: Knopf books for Young Readers
Release date: May 10th 2011.

When 17-year-old Jamie arrives on the idyllic New England island of Little Bly to work as a summer au pair, she is stunned to learn of the horror that precedes her. Seeking the truth surrounding a young couple's tragic deaths, Jamie discovers that she herself looks shockingly like the dead girl—and that she has a disturbing ability to sense the two ghosts. Why is Jamie's connection to the couple so intense? What really happened last summer at Little Bly? As the secrets of the house wrap tighter and tighter around her, Jamie must navigate the increasingly blurred divide between the worlds of the living and the dead.

Brilliantly plotted, with startling twists, here is a thrilling page-turner from the award-winning Adele Griffin.


Doesn't this book sound all kinds of wonderful? A thrilling, chilling ghost story and lots of gothic goodness! I first heard of this book when it was featured on Small Review and put it straight on my wish list. I can't find a UK release date for Tighter, but if anyone knows, please tell me! In any case, I will be ordering a copy when it's released in the US because I cannot wait to read this one!


As always, let me know what you think of my choice, and share your WOW picks in comments! :)

31 comments :

  1. That sounds really good. I have to find out when that's released immediately!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh yes it does! I do like a good ghost story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gothic ghost story! Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving all of these ghost stories lately! I had the pleasure of meeting Adele Griffin at a book signing last year. She's soo nice! I will definitely keep my eye out for this one. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound intriguing...thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so eerie and awesome! Fantastic WOW pick :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now this is a book I can dive my teeth into. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love a good mystery with a strong creep factor and this sounds perfect. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo this sounds really creepy! Nice WOW choice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have always had a soft spot for ghost stories and this one sounds very good. Great pick! PS Hope your throat is feeling a bit better :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have this one and need to read it! I love ghost stories!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for Tighter!! :) I hope you love it! As far as I can tell, it looks like it will be released on May 10th (same day as US). At least that's when Amazon UK has it available.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes it does sound wonderful!! I cannot wait for it, it's definitely on my list. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I heard good things about this book! Nice pick

    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh spectacular pick Leanna, I can't wait for this one either! I'm on a tour for it and am supposed to get it sometime soon, so excited! Such a creepy and interesting cover too:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a haunting cover. It sounds really good!

    Jennifer of Little Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm thinking I've read other books by her that have been excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great choice very creepy.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm excited for this book too. It looks really promising!

    My WWW and WoW: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/04/www-and-waiting-on-wednesday-april-27th.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. The cover is absolutely CREEPY! I love it! Definitely adding this to my TBR. New follower! =)

    Here's my WOw pick .

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't think I've read anything by Adele Grifin but it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks like a fantastic book! Great pick.

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, Leanna. Thanks for visiting my blog and for becoming a follower. I am now following you back. :) I have Tighter on my own TBR list. It sounds deliciously spooky, which I have been enjoying lately thanks, in part, to all of the spring storms we are having here.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This book sounds aweeeeeeesome!! I'm really looking forward to reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. It does sound good, but creepy cover! Yikes! I'm scared. It reminds me of Poltergeist or something. I'm definitely adding this to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It sounds nice and creepy! I am your newest follower. Please go to my blog to follow me too, thanks! I hope you're having a fabulous week so far as well. :)

    -Sandra from http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh man, don't hate me.
    I'm gonna be reading this one tonight.
    Part of the Teen Book Scene Tour
    (running and ducking for cover now)

    ReplyDelete
  28. This one sounds so amazing. Glad we don't have too much longer of a wait!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This one looks so good! I love the cover, it actually goes along with the title! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats