Wednesday 16 December 2015

Ten Books I Can't Wait to Read in 2016!

I don't know about you, but my 2016 wishlist is already looking pretty healthy! Here are ten books (in no particular order!) that I can't wait to read in 2016.





With Malice by Eileen Cook || Publication date: June 2016:  For fans of We Were Liars and The Girl on the Train, With Malice by Eileen Cook centers around a girl who can't remember the last six weeks of her life, including an accident in which her friend died. Only what if the accident wasn't an accident? That's the question posed in the synopsis, and I can't help it, I'm all intrigued. I have high hopes for this one!

The Land of 10,000 Madonnas by Kate Hattemer || Publication date: April 2016:  This book sounds like a whole lot of fun, and really sad at the same time. Tissues at the ready as five teens undertake a mysterious backpacking trip through Europe to fulfill the wish of their dying friend. 


The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson || Publication date: May 2016:  It's a new book from Morgan Matson. Do I need to say any more? Well, this one centers around the daughter of a politician, a scandalous scandal, and a lot of cute dogs. Hopefully, there is a cute boy in here too. I'm sure there is. Sounds like a whole lot of fun, don't you think? 


Summer Days & Summer Nights Nights Ed. Stephanie Perkins || Publication: June 2016:  I don't read a whole lot of anthologies, but it seems I do read anthologies edited by Anna and the French Kiss author Stephanie Perkins. In fact, I'm reading My True Love Gave to Me, the Perkins edited Winter Love Stories anthology right now. Summer Days...features twelve summer love stories (my favourite thing!) from Stephanie Perkins, Francesca Lia Block, Veronica Roth and a host of other authors. 


Summer in the Invisible City by Juliana Romano || Publication date: June 2016: Wow, a lot of the books on my 2016 wish list release in June. My book bill for that month is going to be huge! This one is a very coming-of-age contemp about a girl called Sadie who thinks she has her summer in the city all figured out - until she meets a boy called Sam. 






The Square Root of Summer by Harriet Reuter Hapgood || Publication date: May 2016:  One of the most talked about debuts of 2016, this book follows physics prodigy Gottie Oppenheimer as she 'navigates a summer of grief and rips in the space-time continuum, all while trying to reconcile heartbreak'.  I'm totally on board with this one as a contemporary - but I'm not sure how I'll get on with the science bit! I'm hoping all of that stuff doesn't totally go over my head!


Girls on Fire by Robin Wasserman || Publication date: May 2016:  First off, I love the title of this book! Love the cover too. This new book by Robin Wasserman is all about obsessive teen friendships and secrets that will change everything. Can't wait!


Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard || Publication date: February 2016:  Now, this one is getting all the great early reviews. It's a debut UKYA, it's all about female friendships, and from what I've heard, it's a gorgeous book all round.


When We Collided by Emery Lord || Publication date: April 2016:  Emery Lord's Open Road Summer is one of my favourite contemps and so I always look forward to her new releases. This one, which is getting some great early reviews, is described as 'a powerful story of two teens whose love is put to the test by forces beyond their control.'

Three Truths and a Lie by Brent Hartinger || Publication date: August 2016: Now, I really like the sound of this one! Three Truths and a Lie is a YA psychological thriller that's also said to be full of romantic suspense - only some of my favourite things. Can't wait to read this one!

****


This is just as taster of the books I want to read in 2016. I only included books here that already had their cover art and descriptions available - so this list pretty much encompasses the first half of next year - and a whole lot of summer contemps! I'd love to add some more psychological thrillers and even some horror to my list (I know Stephanie Perkins has a YA horror due in 2016, but no details yet!) so if you have any good 2016 picks to share, I'd love to hear about them in comments!

What books are you most looking forward to reading next year?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats