Friday 12 November 2010

Book News: MIRA to launch new teen imprint in 2011!

Exciting UK book news! I love that more and more UK publishers are expanding their teen titles. It sounds as though MIRA have exciting things in store with their new teen imprint, Mira Ink which will launch in January. Along with a host of titles, expect a dedicated website, a YouTube channel and a Facebook fan page, where you'll  be able to find out everything you need to know about upcoming releases from Mira Ink. 

Now, onto the books! The launch title for this imprint will be the first book in the Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent. I've noticed that this series is quite popular amongst US bloggers, so I can't wait to try it out. The series is about high school banshees (I love it already), with the first book My Soul to Take launching on January 1st 2011.  I love the UK cover of this one. Pretty scary!

Mira Ink will also launch Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series in the UK, with The Iron King launching on January 21st.  In addition to these books other planned titles include books by Maria V Snyder, author of the Poison Study books, and paranormal fiction author Gena Showalter. There are a number of other titles in the works, but these haven't been announced yet.  Exciting stuff, don't you think?



Additional info: TheBookseller.

13 comments :

  1. This sounds great! I love all of MIRAS books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Soul Screamer series, is great! I have been following it since the beginning. You won't be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover for Soul Screamers! I have the US version and wish I had that one. It's a great series though. Rachel Vincent is one of my favorite authors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving all the good things I'm hearing about the Soul Screamers series. It sounds quite different to anything I've read before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is exciting! I really like Mira's adult books too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read the first two of the SS series, onto part three (and part four is available on NetGalley).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only read the first Soul Screamers book but I really enjoyed it. I'm saving the next two for a book slump. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any of the Soul Screamers series, but the cover of My Soul to Take really freaks me out! Thanks for stopping by Book Love :) I'm going to go look around some more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am also dying to read the Soul Screamers series so this is fantastic news :) Our South African publishers generally work a lot with the UK pubs so I'm sure we'll also be seeing this very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear, I've been waiting for these books in the UK for ages! Read the first ones of both SS and The Iron Fey series, but can't get the second ones, so hopefully this means I will be able to! =]

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the Iron King so I;m sure many others will to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The line is Harlequin Teen in the US and they've had some really awesome titles so far. No matter what anyone says..Most of the best authors start with Harlequin.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Exciting news for you guys.

    I'm from the US, but I haven't been able to read these series yet (library availability, huge TBR). Coincidentally, last week I ordered both the first Soul Screamers book and the first Iron Fey series book and hope to read them soon. It's nice to see I'll be in good company with a bunch of new first time readers for these series.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats